Sunday, September 16, 2012

Math Problem Solving Rap

In room 204, the students performed a problem solving rap to help us remember the four simple steps for solving a math problem.  I think they got a little loud because students from other classes walked by and began chanting with us. 
Incorporating gestures into the rap made me think that it is sort of following WBT guidelines.  I'll share the video with you now. Use it if you like.


Problem Solving Rap

When you come to a problem
And you don’t know what to do
Here are four simple steps
That will really help you.
UNDERSTAND
PLAN
SOLVE
LOOK BACK (2x)
Understand is what you know
And need to know
Plan is the path
To the answer you will go.
Solve is the part
Where you work the plan.
Look Back check your work
And say, “I Can.”
“I Can.”
UNDERSTAND
PLAN
SOLVE
LOOK BACK (4x)

Number!

1 comment:

  1. My school copied this song to sing at our assembly. They couldn't think of one, so that's why. You are such an awesome teacher/rapper!
    Thanks, ________

    ReplyDelete