Monday, August 13, 2012

Buttons, buttons, whose got the button?
Here is the secret button I gave to my students this year.  Many of my students come to school with little support from home or their community.  I want them to know that I believe in them.  So, I had these pins made through dazzle.com to let them know someone believes in them.  But, it's our secret!  They wear it under their collar and can remind themselves of it whenever they want.  I wear one too.

This is the other pin I am now sporting everyday...Rule #5 - Keep your dear teacher happy!  It's proving itself as one of the most powerful rules for eliminating arguing, complaining,  and following all the other rules.  My students are trying hard to keep their dear teacher happy and remind their classmates who sometimes slip to remember Rule #5!  BTW, I got this awesome button at the WBT National Conference in Pineville, LA this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment